A Wendy Laurel Maui Workshop with Yan — Return to Beauty in Rainbow.
a Wendy Laurel Maui workshop with Yan. its going to be alot of light (and hopefully the sun will shine too) and alot of presence and alot of growth (on your part and ours). Two shoots, a day and half of in class learning in an amazing space, and lots of beautiful, inside and out.
The dates: January 7 and 8, 2020.
The location: Lahaina, Maui
IN THE REAL IS THE BEAUTIFUL. IN THE TRUTH IS MAGIC. LETS SPEND A DAY RETURNING TO WHAT IS REAL AND ESSENTIAL ABOUT OURSELVES. OUR WORK. AND OUR SUBJECTS.
IN CLASS LEARNING
* evening photo experience
* practicing presence
* connect with light and environment both inside and outside of the home
* make ultimate space of subject and photographer
* individual attention on your work and process (in the form of a 40 minute creative counsel with me via video chat prior to the workshop)
* practical tips and tools for how to clear space for authentic beauty to unfold no matter what or who you are photographing
* guidance on how to find ease with your subjects and yourself as you shoot
* instructions on the four components of finding your unique voice
* one hour Q&A I will answer on any subject
I am much more interested in the feeling I gets when I look at an image than making sure it’s technically perfect. My aim with photography is to capture the emotion and feeling that I both sees and experiences at the time of the image. This class is really about letting go- about letting go of expectations and letting about of perfectionism. Learn how to press the shutter button when you feel it, even IF you are not in focus or perfectly composed. Discover how to use light, blur, and many other of my favorite techniques to capture more than a portrait or a candid moment, but how that moment actually FELT. See what can happen to your work when you give yourself permission to be more intuitive and free in your shooting.
Morning in class session following by photography shoot.