This amazingly gorgeous Maui wedding at the Ritz Carlton was featured on Style Me Pretty here.
Maui Wedding at Ritz Carlton on Style Me Pretty//05/05/2016
what to wear for a beach wedding//04/01/2016
So many couples come to Hawaii or other destinations for their wedding ceremony on the beach. But just because you have having a beach ceremony does not mean you want to dress down for your wedding. So what does work for a beach wedding? When you are getting married on the beach only a few things are essential. The must haves for a beach bride to pull off an elegant but natural look at the beach are:
1. The dress. You need a wedding dress thats gorgeous but one that moves. The Claire Pettibone dress in this shoot is perfect. Its easy to walk in and move about on the beach, but still is a one of kind over the moon type of wedding dress that lets the bride look elegant on the beach.
4. Florals. This is where you can show your colors and personality. I love a wild disorderly bouquet at the beach. It goes well with the wind and sun and sand and the natural elements. The pop of pink here offsets the blue/greys of the beach and rocks perfectly.
5. Hair and Make-up. Wearing your hair down with a natural unmade up sort of make up is perfect for a beach wedding. The movement of hair down is perfect for the beach and softens the formality of the elegant gown. The light in her hair adds to the photos.
6. Make the Most of the Scenery. Your details at a beach wedding most often come in the scenery — the sun, the sand, the water, the rocks, the greenery. All the natural elements come into play and add to the portraits at a beach wedding.
7. Time of Day. Plan for your beach wedding ceremony to be at sunrise or just before sunset to capture the golden tones of the beach. The light at sunrise on Maui is exquisite. The rainbow was just a bonus.
What I loved most about this wedding? The couple (aaaand I may have fallen in love with their colorful rainbow ribbon decorations). So in love and with such a great love story and with family and friends from all over the world all meeting in the middle in Hawaii for an epic and colorful and emotional day. Featured on Style Me Pretty.
You can buy prints here.